Islington Labour will always be focused on making Islington a fairer and more equal place.
There is so much in our borough to be proud of, from our youth clubs, libraries and leisure centres to our parks and football pitches. But sadly, we still see stark inequalities here, with many struggling to make ends meet.
We have made great strides in recent years, building genuinely affordable homes for local people, helping people into good jobs and providing a better start in life for young people. But we can’t stop there.
Islington Labour’s manifesto, Fairer, Safer, Greener Together: Building a more equal Islington, sets out a vision for a more equal borough.
Over the next four years, we will:
- Deliver at least 750 brand new council homes, as part of 1,550 new genuinely affordable and social homes for local people;
- Help 5,000 more local people into good jobs, as well as creating 1000 new apprenticeships and supporting 450 more local businesses to pay the real Living Wage;
- Spend over £10 million per year on making our council homes fit for the future with new insulation and energy efficiency measures, reducing carbon emissions and energy bills
- Protect and enhance local youth services while ensuring every Islington child has access to a laptop or tablet as they move into secondary school
- Plant 600 more trees than we lose every year.
On 5th May 2022, we have the chance to show that despite Tory austerity, we can make a difference for local people and create a more equal Islington.
Read more about the Islington Labour 2022 Manifesto here.