Islington Labour Party are looking to recruit a Borough Organiser to help us with our ongoing campaign work.
This position represents an excellent opportunity to gain experience in working on a successful campaign in a borough recognised as being a leader in campaign best practice.
The successful candidate will be based at the Islington Labour Party Offices, which has excellent transport links.
The successful candidate will have:
- experience of being employed or working as an election organiser for the Labour Party
- experience of organising events and motivating groups of volunteers
- experience of using new technology, (experience using Nation Builder is desirable)
- experience of managing and developing volunteers
- experience of working on own initiative
- experience of fundraising
The position is full-time and will require a great deal of flexible working, including some weekend work – especially in the run up to the elections in May 2016.
The successful applicant will work to the campaign priorities established by the Campaign Committee of the Islington LCF, with day-to-day line management provided by the Chair of the LCF.
The starting salary will be £30,856.25 (inclusive of London weighting) per annum.
This is a fixed term contract from the time of appointment to the end of June 2018.
Applications should consist of a CV with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com by Monday 2nd November at 6pm.