Islington Labour is on the side of local people and is making a difference for the many, not the few, on the issues that matter most.
Despite the Council having its funding cut by more than half by the Tory Government, we have protected vital services, like weekly bin collections, keeping all our libraries open and maintained care for older people.
At the 2014 Council elections, we said we would make a difference on the issues that mattered most to local working people -;
- Building more genuinely affordable homes;
- Supporting people into jobs and training;
- Helping people with the rising cost of living.
We have kept our word, despite Tory cuts:
- We are delivering the largest number of new council homes built in Islington for 30 years. By 2020, we will have delivered 3,000 new homes for social rent, prioritised for local people, in a decade.
- We have helped more than 3,800 unemployed local people into paid jobs, including more than 1,000 young people, since 2014.
- We have launched the first council-run not-for-profit energy provider in London for 100 years, Angelic Energy, to give local people a fairer deal on their gas and electric bills.
Here’s what some local people have to say about how Islington Labour has made a difference for them –